I find logo design the ultimate outlet for creativity. There is something about capturing an identity as a piece of artwork that exemplifies your cause and contribution to society. Logos don’t only represent businesses and corporate organisations, but charities, NGOs, products and many more.
A logo an important starting point to create a brand you want and to carry through from your stationary to your digital platforms, products etc.
I found that the most successful logo design process is as follow:
- Meeting with the client – Understanding the organisation and what it represents. In depth discussion regarding look & feel, colours, fonts, etc. It is always helpful to look at other logos to ascertain what the client likes/dislikes.
- 50% Deposit gets paid upfront and then with of all the information gathered above, 3 different concept designs get set up. The concepts get sent to the client to have a look and decide which one or aspects of either they like/dislike.
- I then take that information, change and tweak the logo to a final draft. The final draft gets signed off by the client and payment is made in full.
- Artwork will be saved in several formats and sizes and emailed to the client for safekeeping.
- Any work out of the 3 concepts and final draft scope will be charged for per hour.